Just like you, we’ve been ooing and ahhing over the mermaid cake trend that is taking the baking industry by storm! We couldn’t ring in 2018 without highlighting some of our favorite mermaid-themed cakes of 2017.
- You had us at frosting drip! This gorgeous, ethereal cake combines watercolor elements and a minimalist color scheme that we’ve fallen for. By Blonde Baking Mama
- From glittery shells to perfect hand-smeared mermaid scales, this cake shines with its elegant touches of gold. By Cupcake Couture Montreal
- One little mermaid had the party of her dreams with this breathtaking mermaid cake (matching “tail” cupcakes, too!) featuring a unique sandy finish and elegant seahorses. By Lau’s Cookies
- Pining for a mermaid tail cake that you can make yourself? This baker shows you step-by-step how to make this colorful mermaid tail cake. By My Cupcake Addiction
- Sometimes simplicity reigns! We love this ocean blue green cake with fun, colorful layers and two-tone frosting. By Preppy Kitchen
- Everyone loves Ariel! This beautiful cake features dainty frosting details and a modeling chocolate clamshell that is simply exquisite! By Gema Sweets
- Intricate piping on the mermaid tails that cover this cake make this sweet confection stand out. By Color Kitchen Foods
- A simple bold red accent reminds us of the fiery personality of the unstoppable little mermaid that started our obsession with mermaid tails! By The Chic Petite
- Waves of watercolor frosting blend together to create magical mermaid vibes on this bold cake perfect for any party! By Pink, Blonde, and Baking
- We love how this cute cake combines soft waves and an adorable shark that is more friendly than ferocious for your ocean-lover. By Kara’s Party Ideas
Need more inspiration? Check out Fin Fun’s Mermaid Cakes Board on Pinterest.